Got some left over chicken boobs, avocado, and a few seconds? Create a delicious and nutritious sandwich spread or dip in the blink of an eye! Add a little or a lot of water depending on your preference and any spices/flavours desired (I had marinated the chicken the natural soy sauce, pepper, onion and ginger powder, Rosemary) . Pop in a blender and blend that ISH!
The result = complete proteins, EFA’s, potassium, vitamin C, B, magnesium, calcium, and complete satiety! 😍 Good for muscle growth, recovery, bone health, hormone balance, brain health, and more!
Click the image at the bottom to watch the quick video!
Got a few more moments? Read about why avocados are good for you and why you can have one every day! Fats are good for you and you should be eating them! (the right kinds and in the right portions of course)
In a nutshell:
- Fats are needed for proper cell development, hormone production, brain health, skin, eyes, nails, and hair health! (approx 25-30% of daily calories should come from fat and each gram of fat is 9 calories)
- Avocados are low in SATURATED fat which are the fats you typically want to limit or avoid. Saturated fats are the fats that are solid at room temperature
- Avocados are loaded with
- Vitamin K – healthy blood clotting to prevent excessive bleeding
- Folate – energy production and formation of blood cells
- Vitamin C – immune system support and an antioxidant
- Potassium – electrolyte important for nerve transmission and muscle contraction
- B Vitamins – energy production and metabolism
- Vitamin E – production of sex hormones and an antioxidant
- Fibre – for healthy bowel movements
- This is coming with 160 calories for a small-medium avocado, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber so there are only 2 “net” carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food.
- Avocados can help lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol, as well as lower fat levels in blood (trigylcerides)
- Most importantly, avocados can help you lose weight! They will keep you fuller longer and help you naturally eat fewer calories.
ENJOY! Please share with anyone else who might find this helpful! 🙂